Keeping Busy and Getting Ready for Spring Break!

February 25th, 2017 opan20

It’s been pretty crazy these last few weeks here at Holy Cross. I have definitely been keeping myself very busy during the new semester. I go on spring break this upcoming week, so I wanted to share some of what I’ve been up to lately.

I recently became an editor for the opinions section of my school newspaper, The Crusader. If you check out our website, www.theholycrosscrusader.com, you can read my articles which tackle interesting, and sometimes controversial, topics. Writing for The Crusader has been an amazing experience, and I am very excited to be an editor this semester. I think it’s especially important that we’re able to discuss different issues and have an open dialogue with one another.

I’ve also been keeping busy with school. I’m taking a modern dance class this semester, which has been a  step out of my comfort zone. I danced when I was younger and wanted to jump back into it. So far, it’s been a lot of fun. In addition to dancing, we also spend time learning about the history of modern dance, which I actually find really fascinating. Taking creative classes like these in addition to academically focused ones definitely helps me find balance.

As I mentioned earlier, I go on spring break in just a few short days. I am super excited, and am looking forward to quality time with my family. The simple things, like watching a movie with your family, or going for a walk around your town, are the things you miss the most when you’re away at school. I plan on enjoying myself and having fun!

So, that’s what I’ve been doing lately! I can’t believe I only have a few more months before the school year ends, but I”ll continue blogging to keep you all posted on what’s happening in my life!